May 8, 2013No comments
On May 20, 2013 Geoff Livingston, Marketing Strategist at Vocus, Inc. will be speaking at Brand Camp ’13 – NYC on the topic, ‘How to Become a Thought Leader
How to Become a Thought Leader Session Description
Link to Register: http://brandcampunyc13.com
Now you need to let the rest of the PR world know about your capabilities. You need to get recognized as an influential person or thought leader who is known for innovative ideas, insightful expertise, and is a source of guidance in the industry. Getting known beyond your immediate circle helps advance both your personal brand and that of your company or organization. And you will become personally fulfilled by being recognized as an influential person who addresses and helps to solve the PR industry’s most pressing challenges.
Speaker, author, and marketing pro Geoff Livingston will share how he successfully built his reputation with specific actions. He will help aspiring leaders by answering the following:
- What is the online and social media profile you need to be recognized? Is it your blog and website as well as your profiles and activity on communities online like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, or other platforms?
- Should you write that book? Does writing a book still have impact and get you recognized as an authority or expert in the field?
- What are the speaking engagements you should be seeking that will help you be recognized as an expert in the industry? And are speaking engagements worth the preparation and travel time?
- What are the industry articles you should be writing that demonstrate your expertise and flair? Should you be focusing on writing your own blog or newsletter instead?
- Where does traditional PR fit into the equation? Can earned media still help you advance your strategic objectives?
- It’s time for you to join other senior professionals who want to elevate their personal profile and career to the next level. It will help you and your organization have greater impact and, perhaps more importantly, leave you more personally fulfilled.
For more information about Geoff Livingston