If I asked you how important your personal brand is to you, I am sure I would get a lot compelling answers. The way to evaluate this is to identify where you spend your resources (time and money). Today we are going to focus on time. Time is the most precious commodity that you have. Oprah, Chris Brogan, Bill Gates, and Tiger have no more time than you. They however have found out how to get more value out of their time than most.
The tools I am listing below are not new for people who are active in the social media or personal branding space. This post is not focused on your knowledge of the existence of these tools but the updating or maintain of them to calibrate your personal brand.
• Google Profile – Create a Google profile to control how you appear in at least one of the listing people will see when they Google you. For those who have already set-up their profile the next step is updating and revising your bio and social network links so that they are current.
• Google Alerts – Revise and add new keywords that are relevant to things currently happening in your personal brand interest.
• Google Reader – Identify new blogs to pull into your reader to get a fresh perspective or add a new voice.
Twitter Third Party App
• Update Search columns more frequently to monitor topics that are important to your personal brand interest.
• Add App to your smartphone to monitor on the go.
Monitor your Twitter Engagement
• Monitor your @Replies and RT: Re-Tweets associated with your accounts.
Just wanted to list a few free Black Friday Personal branding tips that you can re-calibrate to upgrade your personal brand in 30-minutes or less.